The MediaCamp Workshops are skills-building sessions for intellectuals who want to combine research and digital media for the public good. The workshops are made possible by a partnership between JustPublics@365 and the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism (J-School), sponsored by the Ford Foundation.
Due to the generosity of the Ford Foundation, all sessions are FREE and open to any intellectual, from CUNY or otherwise, who would like to attend. There is no limit to the number of workshops for which you can register. However, workshops fill up quickly and there are often waiting lists, so sing up soon! All events take place at the CUNY J-School, 219 W. 40th Street, New York, NY, 10018.
Here’s what faculty and non-profit leaders from around the tri-state region have to say about previous MediaCamp Workshops:
- “Great workshop. Great series. Thank you!”
- “Fantastic teacher.”
- “This was really useful!”
- “Overall, a really great session! The opportunity to hear from [The New York Times Op-Ed page editor] and academics who had been published was invaluable.”
- “These are a wonderful resource for the academic community and beyond.”
- “The workshop on ‘Op-Ed’ pitches helped me get a series of articles published in American Prospect….and,when the Chris Hayes’ show (MSNBC) called, I was ready because of the ‘Being Interviewed on Camera’ workshop.”