MediaCamp Workshops are skills-building sessions for intellectuals who want to combine research and digital media for the public good. The workshops are made possible by a partnership between JustPublics@365, the Graduate Center Library, and the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism (J-School).
All sessions are FREE and open to any intellectual, from CUNY or otherwise, who would like to attend.
All events take place at the CUNY J-School, 219 W. 40th Street, New York, NY, 10018.
Here’s what academics, activists and non-profit leaders from around the tri-state region have to say about previous MediaCamp Workshops:
- “Great workshop. Great series. Thank you!”
- “Fantastic teacher.”
- “This was really useful!”
- “Overall, a really great session! The opportunity to hear from [The New York Times Op-Ed page editor] and academics who had been published was invaluable.”
- “These are a wonderful resource for the academic community and beyond.”
- “The workshop on ‘Op-Ed’ pitches helped me get a series of articles published in American Prospect….and,when the Chris Hayes’ show (MSNBC) called, I was ready because of the ‘Being Interviewed on Camera’ workshop.”